About The Clinic.
Welcome to Associate Pediatrics Clinic. Established in 1922, the Associate Clinic was one of the first medical clinics in Calgary. Over the years the clinic has evolved to include family doctors and various subspecialties, including our pediatric clinic. Associate Pediatrics Clinic continues it’s legacy at our new virtual home.
Our Pediatric Staff.
We are a group of 5 female physicians who have all completed Canadian medical training and passed the rigorous national pediatric qualification exam. Also, we all participate in ongoing Continuing Medical Education and maintain fellowships with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
The first Clinic called Associated Physicians and Surgeons was formed on December 1, 1922, under the leadership and enthusiasm of Dr. D.S. Macnab. The Clinic was located at 140 – 6th Avenue S.W. (site of the Petro-Canada building), and occupied the first and second floors of a large house.
Initially four men joined Dr. Macnab in 1922, Dr. G.D. Stanley, Dr. A.E. Aikenhead, Dr. J.S. Murray and Dr. Wm. A. Lincoln.
Growth Through The Years.
The Clinic was relocated, in 1929, to it’s next location, 214 – 6th Avenue S.W., at which time the name was changed to Calgary Associate Clinic.
In the 1930’s, the depression hit the Clinic very hard. Payment of accounts was accepted in all forms – turkeys, vegetables, etc., which were sold to staff and friends.
Of course, many other changes have taken place in the ninety plus years since the Clinic was first opened.
All of us were excited when we began renovations in April 2018. We have lightened up the space and added more exam rooms.
We look forward to working in our new space with plans to welcome new pediatricians to the practice in the near future.